There have been a number of garden group developments over the past few weeks. With the warmer weather upon us, this is the perfect time for some vegetable planting and we seem to be on track for spring / summer Broughton Street garden adventures.
Some of the garden updates
• We have constructed two garden beds
• We have collected over 200 bricks. We have started to build a protective barrier around the garden beds – work in progress.
• The two garden beds have been filled with garden soil and topped with mushroom compost.
• Our in-ground mint has been sadly prey to snails over the past couple of months. Egg shells have been put down around three mint clusters in the hope that this will fend off our slithery friends and that we can enjoy home grown mint tea and other delights.
• We have a fly issue with the worm farm. We probably need more worms. The worm farm is currently full with food – so no more scraps necessary at this time.
If you are able to help we need
* egg shells (as many as possible) to dry, crush and put around our mint plants
* more worms for the worm farm
If you would like to join the garden group or want additional information please let me know firstname.lastname@example.org